- Experience using remote testing and video software (Morae, Camtasia)
- Experience using wireframing technologies such as Balsamiq and Gliffy
- Trained in social science research design techniques such as questionnaires, surveys, interviews, experimental design, and content analysis
- Experience using SPSS, SAS and R to perform statistical analyses such as mixed-effects multilevel models, ANOVA, t-tests, correlation, regression, and power analysis
Engaged or Frustrated? Disambiguating Engagement or Frustration in Search [Dissertation Work], Fall 2015. Copy available here.
- Created within-subjects study design involving behavioral, self-report and physiological data
- Completed regression, correlational, and multilevel growth model analysis using R.
The Impact of Query Interface on Stress and Workload, Fall 2013-4
- Created study design (involving both behavioral and qualitative measures) and made changes to interface used in study
- Chose search tasks and study instruments
- Collected physiological data via the BioPac and performed data analysis using R
Task Complexity and Search Behavior Project, Spring 2012
- Developed and evaluated search tasks with varying levels of cognitive complexity
- Developed study design and ran study participants
- Performed data analysis using SPSS
Vertical Search Results Display Project, Fall 2012
- Developed interfaces for displaying vertical search results
- Ran study participants and performed data analysis using SPSS
Edwards, A., and Kelly, D. (2016). How does Interest in a Work Task Impact Search Behavior and Engagement? To appear at CHIIR 2016.
Edwards, A., and Kelly, D. (2015). The Utility of Physiological Signals in Disambiguating Engagement and Frustration During Search. SIGIR 2015 Workshop on Neuro-Physiological Methods in IR Research, August 13, 2015, Santiago, Chile.
Edwards, A., Kelly, D., and Azzopardi, L. (2015). The Impact of Query Interface Design on Stress, Workload and Performance. In Advances in Information Retrieval, 691-702. Springer International Publishing.
Edwards, A., and Kelly, D. (2015). Engagement in Information Search. (book chapter, forthcoming).
Kelly, D., Arguello, J., Edwards, A., and Wu, W.C. (2015). Development and Evaluation of Search Tasks for IIR Experiments using a Cognitive Complexity Framework. SIGIR International Conference on the Theory of Information Retrieval.
Arguello, J., Wu, W.C., Kelly, D., and Edwards, A. (2012). Task complexity, vertical display, and user interaction in aggregated search. Proceedings of the 35th International ACM SIGIR Conference on Research and Development in Information Retrieval, 435-444.